Posted on May 24, 2021
The Business Process Consultant provides consulting services to customers in relation to ServiceNow and is responsible for delivering Service Management solutions, analysis and guidance across the customer’s corporation. This role requires a business analyst background and the right candidate will be comfortable working with process owners, business users, subject matter experts to identify, gather, and document requirements, and work with technical consultants to ensure requirements are delivered by the final solution.
Business Process Consultant responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Facilitate requirements gathering and process mapping workshops. Perform gap analysis (as-is functionality versus to-be functionality);
- Document processes, define and document functional requirements, and conduct information flow analysis and process modeling within and across multiple business streams to meet the demands of the system rollout.
- Prepare and present related material to project teams, steering committees and/or stakeholder organizations in the form of written deliverables, presentations, BRDs, diagrams, and stories.
- Analyze current (manual) end user service request processes, define the future (automated) processes, perform a gap analysis to get from current state to future state, and deliver documentation comprising all the analysis including detailed requirements.
- Define business aligned end-to-end services (or service modules) and map current end-user service requests to defined services.
- Identify the complexity of services and end-user service requests and identify the sequence for automation.
- Provide training as needed and document, maintain and update system training materials.
- Communicate process changes, enhancements, and modifications to management, peers, staff, and other employees so issues and solutions are understood.
- Perform business analysis on processes targeted for ServiceNow solutions.
- Collaborating with business solutions team members, service owner, application development, enterprise architecture, data center, cloud system and other teams to develop capabilities in the ServiceNow platform.
- Develop a fundamental understanding of ServiceNow applications supported and maintained in the ServiceNow platform and other technologies.
- Participate in User Acceptance testing and recommend improvements.
- Build proofs-of-concept (POC) for potential new solutions and technologies by working with product management and engineering teams.
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Strong interpersonal communication skills, both written and verbal with ability to maintain open communication with the project team.
- 2+ years of experience as a Business Analyst with verifiable experience working directly with customers to improve their experiences.
- Analytical and problem solving skills in planning and designing creative solutions to meet customer needs.
- Experience with business process optimization and scalability with Customer Experience (CX) platforms / solutions.
- Ability to document requirements by meeting with the users.
- Awareness of technological developments and trends.
- Enjoyment working with customers.
- Experience building applications that meet goals.
EDUCATION AND CERTIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, computer science or related field (preferred).
- ITIL v2 or v3 Foundations Certification (preferred).
- ITIL v3 certification (highly desired).
- ServiceNow Certified Implementation Specialist (highly desired).
- Scrum Master certification (highly desired).
Kloves offers a complete benefits package designed with your needs in mind. We strive to take an “employee first” approach.